I won this award from my cuz Stacey (Just Stumbling Through)—go me!—and now it’s my turn to share 6 things I am thankful for as I pass it on to (up to) 6 fellow blogger friends that are worthy.
1. I am thankful for Steven. I married him young—couldn’t let him get away!—and we’ve been together 10 years, married for 9. He is smart (knows everything), handy (can fix anything), and funny (can tell the same jokes and stories over and over and I laugh every time). He’s also tall, fit, bald and good looking! He’s the guy that will get out there and dance and not care what people think. He’s the guy that will help out a friend and not expect anything in return. A very likeable guy, and one that always sees the best in me.
2. I am thankful for my friends, especially this past year when I was alone. They took me out even when I didn’t want to, invited me into their homes, out on their boats, fed me, made me feel like a part of the family. They were there when I needed to talk, and also understood when I didn’t want to talk.
3. I am thankful for my health. I hardly ever get sick but I had a cancer scare when my Dr removed a melanoma from my arm in 2006. Fortunately a second surgery took care of it and I’ve been fine since.
4. I am thankful that I joined a gym instead of trying to work out on my own. It’s more fun, and more motivating because I’m paying for it! This is how I discovered my love (and hidden talent) for kickboxing. It’s a free class at the gym, and such a great workout and stress reliever.
5. I am thankful for free beer and wine samples at HEB, the heated seats in my Tahoe, the great weather in Central Texas, and my naturally curly hair that looks good straight too.
6. I am thankful for my dog, Rosco. He’s a boxer-pit mix, sweet as can be. He’s never bitten anyone—he tolerates the kids and the cats very well! He doesn’t run away—one day he dug under the fence but then spent the day sleeping under the car in the driveway. He doesn’t overeat—we can put out an extra bowl of food for him if we’re going to be gone for a night or two and he won’t even finish that. He’s a great runner—I take him off the leash and he stays right by my side. And, he’s loyal—when we found him after he was attacked by a mountain lion he looked up and still wagged his tail.
So now I pass on the award to…
…the Fajardo Family Blog--http://fajardofour.blogspot.com/
I don’t follow many blogs, and most that I do have already received the award, so Mrs. Fajardo is the big winner from me! Now pass it on.